I hope that you are well and that your settings are starting to return to some normality after the last two years of living with the constraints placed on society due to the pandemic.
We are now planning for our AGM which will be held in October. Given the restrictions imposed on us by Covid-19, our last two AGMs had to be held virtually by Zoom.
Childminding Ireland is the only representative body for our sector. I think given the changes that the National Action Plan for Childminding (NAPC) are bringing to our sector, core funding and the potential threat it is posing for small services delivering ECCE, and all the media coverage of childcare costs, means that our AGM is very important this year. Instead of all the usual appeals that I make to members at this time of year, to consider participating in the AGM, I decided to pose some questions for you as a member:
- Have you attended a Childminding Ireland AGM before?
- What do you think the AGM should look like?
- Do you think it should be virtual by Zoom or in person at a venue ?
- Are you interested in meeting other members of the Childminding Ireland and hearing their experiences in these changing times?
- Are you fully informed on the NAPC?
- What would you like to see at the AGM?
- Do you have an opinion on the changes that are coming down the line?
I am posing these questions and I would ask you to consider them and we would be so grateful if you would email your thoughts to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . This is your AGM, and it needs to meet your needs. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas, keeping some of the questions above in mind. I should be grateful if you would send your responses back as soon as you can because the next Board Meeting will be held on Saturday June 25th, and I am looking forward to using your feedback on the 25th June as we plan AGM 2022.