Childminding Ireland’s childminders offer parents peace of mind. Our childminders have insurance, are Garda Vetted (or in the vetting process) and the vast majority have childcare training or experience.
Members must hold Paediatric First Aid & Child Safeguarding (Protection) Certs by July 2019.
Childminding Ireland has joined forces with four leading childminding organisations within the United Kingdom and Ireland to launch a campaign that dispels some controversial childminding myths. It is important that parents are aware of the facts when choosing a childcare provider that suits their family needs.
Here are some common childminding myths which this campaign is striving to dispel:
• Childminders are just babysitters, children just play and don’t learn as much with a childminder
• Childminders can look after as many children as they want at any one time
• Childminding is only for women
• A childminder works for me (the parent)
• A childminder will replace the parent/s in a child’s affection
Join the campaign today to help give childminding the recognition it deserves. To follow the campaign on social media, use #ChildcareChampions #ChildmindingVoices.
Click here to view the videos combating some of these myths.
Click here for the press release relating to the campaign.