In practice this means the parent pays a fee for the childminding service provided and the childminder is responsible for managing their own tax and insurance. More information about this can be obtained from Childminding Ireland.
Childminding Ireland has joined forces with four leading childminding organisations within the United Kingdom and Ireland to launch a campaign that dispels some controversial childminding myths. It is important that parents are aware of the facts when choosing a childcare provider that suits their family needs.
Here are some common childminding myths which this campaign is striving to dispel:
- Childminders are just babysitters, children just play and don’t learn as much with a childminder
- Childminders can look after as many children as they want at any one time
- Childminding is only for women
- A childminder will replace the parent/s in a child’s affection
- Childminders are uninsured
Join the campaign today to help give childminding the recognition it deserves. To follow the campaign on social media, use #ChildcareChampions #ChildmindingVoices.
Click here for the brochure which dispels this common myth.
Click here for the press release relating to the campaign.