What you need to think about
- Will it suit you and your family?
- How many children will you mind and what age bracket will they be in?
What you need to do
- Make sure you have appropriate insurance. You need this to be a member of Childminding Ireland.
- Get Garda Vetting as a childminder. Parents expect it and evidence of Garda Vetting for childminding is required for membership of Childminding Ireland and for Tusla.
- Childminding Ireland offers Training for childminders including a very practical and useful Paediatric First Aid Training session.
- Understand what you need to do about Tax and register with Revenue as self-employed within a year of starting.
- The requirement to register with Tusla depends on the number and age of children you mind. To register with Tusla visit the New Registrations section of their website.
These buttons share this page