What you need to think about
- Will it suit you and your family?
- How many children will you mind and what age bracket will they be in?
What you need to do
- Make sure you have appropriate insurance. You need this to be a member of Childminding Ireland.
- Get Garda Vetting as a childminder. Parents expect it and evidence of Garda Vetting for childminding is required for membership of Childminding Ireland and for Tusla.
- Childminding Ireland offers Training for childminders including a very practical and useful Paediatric First Aid Training session.
- Understand what you need to do about Tax and register with Revenue as self-employed within a year of starting.
- The requirement to register with Tusla depends on the number and age of children you mind. To register with Tusla visit the New Registrations section of their website.