Setting Up

What you need to think about

What you need to do

  • Make sure you have appropriate insurance. You need this to be a member of Childminding Ireland.
  • Get Garda Vetting as a childminder. Parents expect it and evidence of Garda Vetting for childminding is required for membership of Childminding Ireland and for Tusla.
  • Childminding Ireland offers Training for childminders including a very practical and useful Paediatric First Aid Training session.
  • Understand what you need to do about Tax and register with Revenue as self-employed within a year of starting.
  • The requirement to register with Tusla depends on the number and age of children you mind. To register with Tusla visit the New Registrations section of their website.