Start-up Grants for Childminding Services
The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth provides Childminding Development Grants of up to €1,000 to those who provide or intend to provide a childminding service in the Childminder's own home. You may apply for a grant every two years to purchase equipment or make small home modifications for your service.
Childminding Development Grant
The 2022 Childminding Development Grant has been launched by Minister O'Gorman, click here to read the press release.
The eligibility criteria for the grant is listed below and is also set out in the guidelines and application form. Click here to view these in Word format.
Completed application forms should be emailed to Cavan County Childcare Committee at email@example.com by close of business 15th July 2022. No applications will be accepted after 15th July 2022.
- Childminder Development Grant Criteria
A Childminder who is:
a) Providing an existing childminding service carried out in the Childminder’s home
b) Proposing a new childminding service to be carried out in the Childminder’s home
- A Childminder who provides/proposes to provide childminding services (not including Childminders own children) for at least:
a) 3 children on a part time basis
b) 1 child on a full-time basis and 1 child on a part time basis
- Must provide evidence of appropriate insurance (must show valid insurance period) If you do not already have childminding insurance, you can access discounted childminding insurance (€240) through membership of Childminding Ireland (€55). Please click here to join.
- Must provide evidence of Tusla Children First E-Learning programme. This can be accessed here.
This programme takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete and you will receive a certificate on completion
- Required to operate as a Childminder for a minimum of two years following receipt of the grant.
These schemes allow you to keep some or all of your welfare payment and benefits (such as a medical card), while accessing extra supports, such as grants for training, market research, business plans and access to loans to buy equipment.