Childminding Ireland in partnership with the National Childhood Network (NCN) are delighted to invite you to take part in 3 FREE Workshops (interactive and virtual by Zoom) which have been designed specifically for childminders and are aimed at enhancing your skills and knowledge in Fundamental Play.
Wednesday 25th October 7pm to 8.30pm – WATER
Wednesday 15th November 7pm to 8.30pm – JUNK ART/LOOSE PARTS
Wednesday 6th December 7pm to 8.30pm – REFLECTION
What is covered in each session:
Session 1: Water – Wednesday 25th October
In this session we will explore various types of water play activities and their value for children’s learning and development. We will think about how water play can be managed in a childminding home and consider your own role in providing water play.
Session 2: Junk Art/Loose Parts – Wednesday 15th November
In this session we will explore the various types of junk art (loose parts) and the value of exploring and learning that can be gained from them. We will consider how junk art (loose parts) can be managed in a childminding home and your role in providing these play opportunities.
Session 3: Reflection – Wednesday 6th December
In this session we will come together to share how the activities went, how you implemented water/junk art/loose parts, what went well, what you would change and how you could possibly extend them. This may support you when completing the Reflection piece.
What is requested from you:
- Be available to attend all three sessions.
- Complete Pre and Post participation surveys.
- Carry out practical/easy to manage activities following sessions 1 & 2.
- Submit evidence i.e., photos/videos and brief reflections of the activities.
- Obtain permission from parents for their child to participate.
Why take part:
- Expand your expertise as you learn how each element can contribute to a child’s growth and development.
- Engage in hands-on practical workshops that will support you in planning for effective playtime in your childminding setting.
- Connect with fellow childminders and share experiences.
- Benefit from the experience of NCN tutors who will provide insights and guidance as you work through each of the sessions.
- All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance in recognition of their commitment to ongoing professional development.
There are a limited number of spaces available on this course. To confirm your place, we are asking for a €10 commitment fee which is fully refundable on completion of this training. Remember you must be in a position to attend all three sessions.
To reserve your place, complete the Book Now section of this page. Please note, once you select the 25th October, you will automatically be confirmed for all sessions.
If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on