Childcare Services Relief

Childminders who earn less than €15,000 in childminding fees do not have to pay any tax. There are a number of criteria that need to be met.

This relief exempts you from income tax if:

  • You are registered with Revenue as self-employed
  • Gross fees are less than €15,000 per year from your Childminding services.
  • You mind no more than 3 children at any one time on your own.
  • You have informed your local City or County Childcare Committee (CCC). A sample letter for this is included in your Childminding Ireland Membership Pack.
  • The exemption must be claimed in an annual tax return.

Even if you work part-time elsewhere, you can still claim this tax relief for your childminding work.

Revenue have issued guidance relating to this relief.