In a word, yes! Our membership package is such good value it virtually pays for itself. For example, our members benefit from a great discount on insurance. They have access to support, advice and guidance from Childminding Ireland and other childminders on our members forum page. They also get money off on our ever-popular training courses [link to the training courses?]. Being able to advertise your business directly at the target audience of parents in your county who are actively looking for a childminder could be the difference between finding a child or having a vacancy for much longer. Members frequently tell us that our membership fee is very small given all they benefit from.
As an existing childminder you may already be aware of the changes afoot in the sector due to the National Action Plan [link to Bernadette’s video on You Tube?] but keeping up to date with it all, can be a job in itself. Members of CMI will benefit from the fact that we are advocating and lobbying on behalf of both childminders and parents as these changes begin to take place. There has never been a more important time for childminders to be a united front. By joining Childminding Ireland, you will be ensuring your voice will be heard.
“We lobby on your behalf – a united voice is a strong voice.”
- Expert advice from our experienced Membership team
- Step by step guidance to set up your Childminding business
- Keeping you informed of changes in the sector
- To get you started: Childminder\/Parent Contract, Summary of Regulations, Guidelines to Good Practice, Attendance Sheets, Childminding Ireland Certificate of Membership & more
- To support you every year: Accounts Aid Pack to enable you to complete your tax return quickly and easily, First Aid & Childminding sector updates
- Peace of mind that you are appropriately insured to run your business
- Eligible to join Childminding Group Insurance Scheme & benefit from reduced premium costs
- Insurance cover for outings with minded children included in the Childminding Ireland Group Scheme
- Advertise your business FREE of charge on our website
- We connect parents to Childminding members who have vacancies
- Childminding Ireland organises Childminding Paediatric First Aid
- We facilitate Childminding Child Protection Training around Ireland
- Other Childminding courses are coming soon
- Connect with other professional Childminders through our private members forum for support, tips and advice
- Access tailored resources for your Childminding business
- Members Out of Hours Childminding Support Service:\nConfidential support service available for members of Childminding Ireland.\nFor more information, contact:
We understand the legislation, regulations and requirements in the Childminding sector. We assist and enable you to set up your business easily providing all-round support and continue to operate your service within best practice guidelines.
This is vital at a time when the sector is undergoing review and changes are imminent. We lobby important Childminding issues on your behalf – a united voice is a strong voice.
Get started: with our Childminder\/Parent Contract, Summary of Regulations, Guidelines to Good Practice, Attendance Sheets, Childminding Ireland Certificate of Membership &more.
Childminding Ireland is the National Childminding Body
Sign up today and get Childminding Ireland Membership for €55 and access to discounted childminding insurance.
Your membership includes advice and support, as well as being part of an organisation that influences Childminding policy at a national level.
- Sign Up Online – you can become a new Childminding Ireland Member by signing up online here.
- Renewing Your Membership – to renew your Childminding Ireland membership, please email us at
and we will facilitate your online payment by sending you an online invoice. email@example.com
If you have any questions, please phone us on 01 287 8466. We are still open during COVID-19.
Need Help? Get in Touch Get started: with our Childminder\/Parent Contract, Summary of Regulations, Guidelines to Good Practice, Attendance Sheets, Childminding Ireland Certificate of Membership &more.
Membership will commence upon receipt of payment, completed Online Application and Childminding Insurance confirmation.\n\nGarda Vetting for Childminding is a mandatory requirement for Membership. To receive your Garda Vetting application form, contact Barnardos at 021 4547060 or click
\n\nTo access the special discounted rate (\u20ac240) for childminding insurance for Childminding Ireland members, contact Arachas (previously Kidd Insurance) on 01 213 5000 or visit our Childminders Insurance<\/a> page for more details.