Why Choose a Childminder
Choosing someone to look after your child when you return to work or training is one of the most important decisions you can make as a parent.
Just as every family and the children within it are unique, so too are Childminders. The variety of Childminders allows parents and guardians to find the right Childminder for your family. Home based care mirrors the atmosphere and flexibility of home life and allows children to grow and develop in this homely setting.
Benefits of a Childminder
- Continuity of Care: Your child will benefit from being in a home-from-home family environment, with continuous care from the same individual, often from babyhood through the school years, as most Childminders provide school-age care.
- Parental Relationship: Parents are in a position to develop strong relationships with the Childminder, the person who minds, cares for and helps the child in their development.
- One-to-One Relationship: A Childminder offers a consistent relationship, which is ideal for babies and children.
- Replicating a Family Home: The Childminder’s home replicates a family home with a range of ages and where siblings can be minded together and therefore build close relationships.
- Outings: Children can be taken out and about experiencing the world in a real way.
- Fewer illnesses: There are fewer instances of sickness amongst children minded by Childminders when compared with children in large group childcare.
- Flexibility: The parents and the Childminder can agree the details of the childcare required and this may develop to include any overnight care needed.
- Children with Special Needs: Childminding is also valued as an appropriate setting for Children with Special Needs.
- Insured & Garda Vetted: All members of Childminding Ireland are insured (including outings), and Garda Vetted or in the application process.