- Free Pre-School Year/Síolta/Aistear
- Join Us
- Find a Childminder
Children Benefit from the Unique features of Childminding homes
When children are minded locally, they have the advantage of growing up in their own neighbourhood. When play-school or big-school time comes, there will be friends and old playmates and neighbours among the sea of strange faces.
- A Childminder offers a one-to-one relationship, which is ideal for babies and young children.
- The Childminder’s home replicates a family with a range of ages, promoting empathy rather than competition among the children
- Childminding offers continuity of care from one person, often through the school-age years
- Children can be taken out and about – children experience the world in a real way
- Siblings are minded together have opportunities to interact all day
- Fewer illnesses than in large group childcare
- Ongoing direct connection with the person caring for their child
- Flexibility – the parents and Childminder agree the details of the childcare required and may include over-night care